Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Day Entertaining

Please note that I have posted an update on this recipe here

With Valentines Day just around the corner, I thought it would be an idea to look for some Valentine-y treats. I have not tried this recipe yet, but I thought that they sounded really good. I think I will add it to our dinner on V Day.

V Day is usually spent at home. I find litle romance in a crowded restaurant. I would rather spend evryday day celebrating my love; I mean I don't love my hubby any more on Feb 14th. Not to say that we don't celebrate though... So on the actual day, I usually make a special dinner for my hubby kids and at times friends, in the comfort of our home.

I found this here

Morton’s Signature Hot Chocolate Cake
SERVES 6

Recipe
Unsalted butter and granulated sugar, to grease ramekins
1-1/2 cups/ 375ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
12 ounces/375 g bittersweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
8 large egg yolks
7 large eggs
1-1/2 cups/375 ml confectioners sugar
3/4 cup/ 175 ml all purpose flour
18 fresh raspberries
Vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Generously butter six 6-ounce ramekins and sprinkle each with granulated sugar. Tap out excess sugar.
In the top of a double boiler set over barely simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate together. Remove the top of the double boiler pan from the heat.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and set on low speed, beat the egg yolks and eggs for about 2 minutes, or until light and smooth. With the mixer running, pour the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl and mix for about 2 minutes longer.

Put the confectioners' sugar and flour in a fine mesh sieve and sprinkle into the chocolate mixture. With the mixer on medium speed, beat for 30 seconds, or until well mixed.

Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins cups, leaving about 1/4 inch (5 mm) of space below the rim. Set the soufflé cups on a baking sheet and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until puffed and about 1 inch higher than the rim. The centers will be soft but not sticky.

Remove the cakes from the oven and immediately invert each onto a serving plate. Remove the cup and garnish each plate with three raspberries and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

No comments: