Thursday, February 26, 2009

Slow-Cooker Orange-BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I love my "What's Cooking" magazine. It is a free publication from Kraft Foods. You can also find great recipes on their website.

This recipe comes from the magazine and is on the website. I have made it a few times. It is quick and easy; it would be great if you are having company over for dinner and you are out all day.




1 C BBQ sauce
1/4 C pure orange marmalade
3lbs boneless pork shoulder (I use 3-4 boneless pork loin chops

1/2 C miracle Whip
Sandwhich rolls, split and toasted (I use WW kaiser buns)

MIX barbecue sauce and marmalade in small bowl. Place meat in slow cooker; top with barbecue sauce mixture. Cover with lid.

COOK on LOW for 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours). Remove meat from slow cooker; cut into small pieces or shred with fork. Return meat to slow cooker; stir until meat is evenly coated with the barbecue sauce mixture.

SPREAD dressing onto cut sides of buns. Fill rolls evenly with meat mixture.

:::I also grill some onions and serve that on top of the pork buns:::

I have served it over wild rice with a side of green beans, that was good too!

1 comment:

Jason and Kristin said...

These are one of my favourite things to make!!! I love them!