Tuesday, February 10, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Pizza is such a family favorite. I made this the other night when my cousin came over for dinner. It turned out really well. I made the dough around lunch time, let it rise and then added the toppings and let it rest for the afternoon. It still rose a bit, but that made the dough really nice and fluffy when we cooked it for supper. I would stress that you grease the pan, especially if you are going to leave it rest for a time. I forgot to and the crust did not get as crispy as I would have liked and it stuck in a couple of places.


Using the pizza dough recipe, roll out your dough to fit the pizza pan.

Ingredients for 1 pizza:
1/4-1/2 Cup BBQ sauce
1 cooked chicken breast - sliced
1 large Red Pepper - cut in strips or small pieces (whatever your preference)
5 or 6 small mushrooms - sliced
2 cups (or more if desired) grated Mozza Cheese (I use partly skimmed mozza)
OPTIONAL - grilled onions

Spread BBQ sauce over the dough, arrange chicken, red pepper mushrooms and onions (optional) over the BBQ sauce. Top with cheese.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 mins.

No comments: