Monday, February 16, 2009

Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Sherry Sauce

We had a friend join us for dinner so I made this. I served it with garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and cauliflower with homemade cheese sauce and a spinach salad.

Beef Tenderloin

2-3 lb beef tenderloin roast
2 tsp each thyme, seasoning salt, Montreal steak seasoning. Rub the roast or steaks with seasoning and let stand until room temp. (about an hour)

I use the convection/roast setting on my oven and roast at 400 degrees. I cook it until the internal temp is 120 degrees, that is med rare. The most important thing to remember is to let the cooked meat rest for 10-15 minutes. It will still cook in this time and the juices will settle as well.

Sherry Mushroom Sauce

2 teaspoons butter
1 1/2 cups pre-sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons chopped shallots
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup dry sherry
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons water


Sauce:

Melt butter in pan. Add mushrooms, shallots, and garlic to pan; saute 3 minutes. Stir in broth and sherry. Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve with cooked beef.

1 comment:

Tawn said...

um. do you wanna come over and make this for me? i'm certain I could eat whole thing on my own. i'm a large fan of sherry *wink*.