Sunday, March 2, 2014

Crockpot - Whole Roasted Chicken



This recipe has changed my life.  I LOVE rotisserie chicken.  I used to make them all the time in the rotisserie we were given as a wedding gift.  However, since I found this recipe, no need to put that big thing out of storage each time.

I buy whole chicken in a pack of three each time I shop.  I freeze them to have on hand for those days when I just don't know what to cook.  I use them for greek gyros (with pit, hummus and tzatziki) or soup or just as my lunch food for the week on salad or in a sandwich.

I pull all the skin off my chicken, remove the extra parts inside, rince and pat dry to prepare for the rub.   Combine the following to create a rub for the chicken
  • 3 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
 When finished, placed the chicken into the crockpot, breast down and cook on low for 8 hours (maybe less).  (High for 4-5).

*recipe found at http://sloppyjos.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/crock-pot-chicken/


No comments: