Sunday, February 12, 2012

Healthy Deep DIsh Cookie Pie

I will be honest, the only reason I tried this recipe was because I was skeptical.  You read the ingredients...you might be skeptical too!


But on a week when I was cutting out gluten, this was a welcome treat!  I tried it and was surprised at how good it was.  I even fed it to my parents and to guests that came for dinner the night after.  Everyone had a good report.  Here is my disclaimer...ITS SWEET!  Take a small piece and enjoy vanilla ice cream or a glass of milk with it.

2 cans chickpeas (drained and rinsed) (500g total)
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 T canola oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar (I might try 1/4 cup less next time)
1 cup chocolate chips


Blend everything (except the chips) very well in a good food processor (not a blender). Mix in chips, and pour into an oiled pan (I used a 10-inch springform pan, but you can use a smaller pan if you want a really deep-dish pie.) Cook at 350F for around 35-40 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.

- About 200 calories per serving

Recipe found on chocolatecoveredkatie.com

No comments: