Thursday, April 3, 2014

Chocolate Almond Bites


These beauties are my favorite sweet snack right now, I have a batch in the freezer and pull one out in the evenings or mid afternoon, when I need a little treat.  

Ingredients
1 cup of old fashioned oats
2 TBSP of unsweetened cocoa powder
2 TBSP of unsweetened shredded coconut (this for me is optional)
1/2 cup natural almond butter (I usually use natural peanut butter)
1/4 cup raw honey

Directions
1. Mix the oats, cocoa powder and coconut together in a bowl.
2. Add the almond/peanut butter and honey and mix until completely blended.
3. Pick off about a 1 inch piece and roll into little balls.
4. Chill for about 15 minutes and serve (I put them in a container in the freezer and just pull one out when I want one)

Recipe and image from http://www.luvabargain.com/healthy-recipe-chocolate-almond-butter-oatmeal-bites.html

No comments: