Monday, May 24, 2010

Turkey Chipotle Meat Loaf

Here is a recipe that I made last week. It was really a 'throw it into a bowl' sort of thing, but here are some rough measurements. Adjust to your taste.

2 pounds ground turkey (you can use beef too)
1 egg
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 packgage dried onion soup mix
1/3 cup BBQ sauce
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tsp ground chipotle chilli pepper spice (you can also add drained, chopped chipotle chilli's from a jar)

Mix all ingredients together (I use my kitchenaid mixer so I don't have to get my hands messy). Place in greased loaf pan and cover with foil.

Top with:
1/4 cup BBQ sauce

Bake at 375, covered for 45 mins. Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes, topping with more BBQ sauce if necessary. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, flip out of loaf pan and serve.

No comments: